Puerto Plata City Tour & Cable Car Ride from Puerto Plata
Visit Puerto Plata, a vibrant cultural city that will amaze you with its vast historic sites such as the pier, Fort San Felipe and the Amber Museum, to mention just a few. Enjoy the beautiful views from the tram in Puerto Plata where you will board a gondola to climb to the top of the mountain.n.
- Cultural visit to the city of Puerto Plata
- Cable car with breathtaking panoramic views of Puerto Plata
- Pier, Fort San Felipe, and Amber Museum
The city of Puerto Plata is located in a vast scenic area to explore and enjoy the Dominican culture in the best way; by cable car and by seeing the places up close through strolling around downtown and some select landmarks inside the city.
This half day tour, by bus and by foot, will take you around this vibrant and colorful colonial city. Discover Fort San Felipe, a vestige of Puerto Plata’s colonial past, then a fascinating visit to Amber gallery including samples of ancient fossils of great historical value along pieces from the amber mines in the mountains.
Finally, ride the cable car to the top of Isabel de Torres Mountain, 935 yards above sea level, and enjoy the amazing panoramic views of Puerto Plata. On the top of the mountain, you will also find the Botanic Gardens and a statue of Jesus Christ.
- Hotel pickup and drop off, tour guide, entrance to museums and entrance to the cable car.
Price does not include
- Gratitudes for guide (optional)
- Lunch & drinks
- Additional charges and special conditions apply for guests staying at the Hotel Bahia Principe San Juan (Minimum 8 participants).
- Pickups at Hotel Lobby
- Rate applies only for hotels in the Puerto Plata. If your hotel is in a different zone, an extra fee may apply
- Wear comfortable clothing, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Bring your camera and extra money for drinks, snacks or personal expenses.
- Activity Duration: Approx 3 hours
- Tour Duration: Approx 4 hours