Iguabonita Cave Expedition from Punta Cana
Explore the secrets kept in this wonderful place! With this fantastic expedition, you’ll be able to enter the Dominican jungle and discover the system of underground tunnels, located at the heart of this mystical region.
- Hiking tour amid the jungle
- Discover medicinal plants and barks
- Walk into the amazing underground tunnels complex of Cap Cana
The fascinating Iguabonita Cave Expedition begins with a walk along the slopes of El Farallon cliff. Upon reaching the top, you'll visit unexplored paths between lush jungles to discover some of its greatest natural resources: medicinal plants, herbs, and barks, which even today are used by healers of the island.
After a 25-minute walk, you’ll hit the cave’s mouth, where the underground adventure begins! Discover the vast network of tunnels and chambers; the expert guides alongside will explain about the geological processes that, over thousands of years, gave rise to these impressive rock formations.
To exit the cave, you only need to climb an ecological ladder. Then on to the starting point where you can rest, and say goodbye to the heart of Cap Cana.
- Round trip transportation in bus with air conditioned and bottled water.
Price does not include
- Meals and beverages.
- Cameras, cell phones or other loose objects are not allowed in the tour. This tour is not recommended for travelers with heart disease, blood pressure, breathing problems, dizziness, asthma, epilepsy, Parkinson or physical disabilities. Pregnant women and people under alcohol influence, strong medicines or other substances are not allowed.
- Rate applies only for hotels in the Punta Cana zone. If your hotel is in a different zone, an extra fee may apply.
- Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers. If you have long hair please tie it up. Bring a swimsuit, towel, and biodegradable insect repellent and extra money for souvenirs, beverages or additional expenses. Participants must be in good physical condition since the expedition includes an uphill walk of 15 minutes. Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers. If you have long hair please tie it up. Bring a swimsuit, towel, biodegradable insect repellent and extra money for souvenirs, beverages or additional expenses. Participants must be in good physical condition since the expedition includes a walk of 15 minutes upwards of a slope.
- Activity Duration: 2 hours
- Tour Duration: 4 hours