Discover The Miracle Of Wine & Olive Oil in Chania
Taste different varieties of Cretan and international wine
- Visit a traditional olive mill and learn about the olive oil-making process;
- Taste the famous Cretan extra virgin olive oil;
- Visit the oldest olive tree in the world and the museum;
- Explore two family wineries of the region;
- Tour around the facilities of the wineries;
- Taste exceptional varieties of Cretan and international wines;
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing;
- Delicious gastronomy experiences;
- Small-group tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience;
- Discover the culture, traditions, history and mythology of Crete.
- Schedule: All Year. Every Tuesday – Wednesday – Friday;
- Location: Chania, Crete;
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours;
- Minimum participation: 2pax;
- Maximum participation: 18pax;
- Tour type: Small-group tour;
- Available languages: English;
- Pick-up times: 08:20-09:20;
- Tour starts: 09:45 am;
Today you will travel through wonderful nature’s landscapes. Up to the mountains of the Northwest province of Chania, you will visit traditional family wineries and an olive mill.
The tour starts from the olive mill and factory. A local family business that extracts the olive oil in the traditional way. The heavy stone mills are crushing the olives and through the press the extra virgin olive oil is produced. There are always analytic descriptions and tour of the facilities but live extraction process during the harvesting months (Autumn). Olive oil tasting is following and an incredible taste will fill your palate. After that, you will have the chance to admire the oldest olive tree in the world, which age is estimated at 3000 years old and the olive museum. The miracle of nature stands proud in front of you and its deep roots are holding it through the centuries.
The day continues with wine. You will taste different expressions of Cretan and international varieties paired with delicious local dishes. Visit first a local family winery, in a beautiful environment, surrounded by olive trees and citrus fruits. Wine specialists will analyze the harvesting process and the wine-making traditions through the tour around the place. Tasting is following and experiences of different local varieties. The second winery we are visiting was established in 1993. Wine-makers with specialized knowledge and fresh ideas of modern processes of farming and wine production will introduce you different labels of wines. Traditional Cretan lunch in the winery paired with wine will make you fall in love with this special place. Diving deep into nature’s miracle, tasting awarded labels of wine and experience the local Terroir will offer you unforgettable experiences and beautiful memories from your trip.
- Hotel pick up and drop off from Chania
- English speaking, local driver/guide & wine specialists
- Museum entrance fee
- Wine & Food tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Liability Insurance and local Taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
Price does not include
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- GS Tours Chania, Επισκόπου Χρυσάνθου 37, Χανιά, Ελλάδα; departure at: 09:30; arrival at: 15:30