Magical Istria (from Porec, Umag and Novigrad)
Admire the sun-dappled olive groves that make this place seem more Tuscan than Croatian, and tuck into a tasty Istrian lunch. Overall, it is a great day out!
- Walk around the city whose history dates back as far as 6000 years
- Impressive amphitheatre, the 6th largest in the world, shall disclose many tales
- Gladiator escort in amphitheatre, take a photo with gladiators
- Opportunity to enjoy homemade Istrian dishes in the ambience of an Istrian village
- Walk about the old city of Rovinj all the way to the Basilica of St. Euphemia from where stretches a gorgeous view of Rovinj’s islands
Travel back in time to the days when togas were all the rage. Pula is to Croatia what Rome is to Italy. There is no hiding the city’s main attraction – an enormous Roman Amphitheatre. Reminiscent of the Colosseum in Rome, just wandering around its mighty Roman walls conjures images of gladiators doing battle in the dust. It is the biggest theatre of its kind in the world. Gladiators will welcome you and escort you during your Amphitheatre visit and you can take a photo with them to keep a memory of visiting this fascinating monument.
Discover Rovinj, otherwise known as little Venice. All tall townhouses and narrow cobblestone streets, this tiny seaside town looks like a mirror image of its Italian neighbour, only in miniature. You will check out the amazing ‘village in the clouds’ – a hilltop town that stands in a candy-floss swirl of white. Tuck into a tasty Istrian lunch. Overall, it is a great day out.
Hotel departure followed by:
09:45 – arrival Rovinj, sightseeing, free time
12:30 – departure Rovinj
12:50 – arrival Gržini, warm welcome with donkey present, lunch
14:15 – departure Gržini
15:00 – arrival Pula, sightseeing, free time
17:30 – departure to hotel
- Professional guide (sightseeing Pula and Rovinj)
- Ticket for the Pula Arena (Amphitheatre)
- Gladiators escort