Lisbon Guided City Tour: The Best of the Portuguese Capital - half day
Discover the stunning Portugal’s capital, Lisbon, a charming city with emblematic squares and monuments, typical neighbourhoods and a unique heritage. The city of seven hills, belvederes and the cradle of fado.
A half-day tour that will provide you a full experience in the centre of Portugal’s heart.
Enjoy a guided tour through Lisbon with entrances included
Find one of the most complete half-day tour through the Lisbon historical centre and Belém
Find the most emblematic monuments that make up the city richness heritage
Get to known two of the seven Wonders of Portugal
Discover Alfama, one of the most charismatic neighbourhoods of Lisbon
The Portuguese capital presents many reasons to be visit for you: A rich heritage, historical neighbourhoods, the culture of fado and, of course, the delicious traditional sweets, Pastéis de Belém.
In Belém, you could spend several hours contemplating The Monastery of Jerónimos, one of the most appealing and imposing monuments of the city, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage. When visiting its church, also Manueline style, be amazed with the impressive interior. Be sure to notice the tombs of renowned personalities from Portugal History such as Vasco da Gama, Luiz de Camões and, among others, like King D.Manuel.
At the National Coach Museum, enjoy the most remarkable collection of the World within the genre. This visit allows you to understand the technical and artistic evolution of the means of transport used by the European court until the appearance of the car. Get to know the new museum building, which opened in May 2015.
Next to the Tagus River, you will find The Belém Tower, an emblematic landmark of the Portuguese Discoveries: a fortress of the Tagus estuary and a starting point for navigators such as Vasco Da Gama for India and Pedro Álvares Cabral for Brazil, connecting Europe to the rest of the world. Next, The Monument of Discoveries, an imposing monument shaped as a caravel that shows important characters linked to the Discoveries and the glorious past of Portugal.
In the city centre, enjoy the beautiful Comércio Square. One of the largest European Squares once the royal palace of Portugal, now hosts some Portuguese Government Ministries. Here, you can also find the oldest café in town, the famous “Martinho da Arcada”, which was usually frequented by the known Portuguese writer, Fernando Pessoa.
We arrived in Alfama, one of the oldest and most authentic neighbourhoods in the city, a place of hidden corners and narrow streets, where it is worth losing.
Take a short break and add flavour to your guided tour tasting the famous Port Wine in a local shop.
On the way back to Marquês de Pombal Square, contemplate the beautiful squares of D. Pedro IV, better known as Rossio, and Restauradores before entering in Liberdade Avenue, the Lisbon version of the Parisian Champs-Elysées flanked by lovely old buildings, theatres and large luxury shops.
A must-do half-day tour perfect for city-breaks lovers!
- Lisbon guided tour
- Pick-up at selected hotels in central Lisbon
- Entrance in the National Coach Museum or in The National Palace of Ajuda
- Professional guide
- Transportation on a comfortable air-conditioned coach
Price does not include
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees to the Jerónimos Monastery
- Hotel Drop off service
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- The National Museum Coach and The Church of the Jerónimos Monastery are both closed on Mondays. In replacement, we will visit the National Palace of Ajuda.
- Exceptionally, this tour could offer a sample of Port's Wine but is not always guaranteed for reasons extraneous to this operation.
- Children under 4 years old (included) are carried for free (all extras are paid by the adult in charge).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and to bring your voucher and a camera!