Wine and "Cava" Tour and VIP Experience - Full Day from Barcelona
Book online this full day wine and "cava" tour and VIP experience and taste some of the world's best wines and cavas in a unique day in which you will learn the productions methods visiting three very well-known Catalonian wine cellars.
Catalonia is a very rich wine production region with 11 Protected Designations of Origin.
Jean Leon Winery was the first company in Spain to plant Chardonnay and today exports to more than 40 countries.
Bodegues Torres sells wines and brandies of top-shelf varieties.
Cava is a sparkling wine, like champagne, typical from Catalonia and highly appreciated worldwide.
Freixenet exports to more than 150 countries and is one of the best seller cavas in the world.
This full day wine tour will take you to three cellars near Penedès world famous wine region, where you will be able to know more about wine and cava (Catalan sparkling wine) production and also to taste some of the best wines produced in this region.
Catalonia is one of Spain’s most prominent wine producing areas, with eleven protected designations of origin. Vineyards have been growing in Catalonia for more than 2,000 years. Today Catalonia is Spain’s biggest producer of wine with protected designation of origin, with a production rate of 380 million bottles per year, including cava, which accounts for half of this production.
This special day and wine experience is tailor made for gourmands and goodlife enthusiasts.
Itinerary: Barcelona - Bodegues Jean Leon (winery) - Bodegues Torres (winery) - Caves Freixenet (winery) - Barcelona.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual Official guide.
- Guided tour and tasting of two different wines at Jean Leon cellars.
- Guided tour and combined tasting (3 cheeses and 3 wines) at Bodegues Torres.
- Guided tour and tasting of two different cavas and appetizer at Caves Freixenet.
Price does not include
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks, except those specified
- Other services not specified
- You can submit your voucher in electronic or paper format.
- Please be aware that some tours includes Walking Tours, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking.
- Please be at the pick up location 15 minutes before the tour starts
- On the Full Day tours, participants can expect 1h30m free for lunch between morning and afternoon part.
- Correct dress code may be requested for entrance into the cellars.
- Children under 7 years old (included) are free but without meals and consumptions included.
Carrer de Balmes nº 5
- Do not forget to wear comfortable clothes and bring your voucher and your camera!