Girona and Montserrat Tour - full day
Don't miss the opportunity to book this tour!
Discover the charm of Girona, its rich legacy of history and culture, and visit Montserrat to enjoy one of the most stunning landscapes in the world!
Girona has one of the best-preserved Jewish quarters in Europe.
Visit the settings of Game of Thrones while strolling around the "old Girona".
Montserrat mountain is special for its rocks shape that reminds of a human and animal appearance.
The Basilica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as La Moreneta (the Black Virgin), the patron saint of Catalonia.
Start your full day trip from Barcelona with a comfortable bus and guide on board to one of the biggest cities in the North of Barcelona: Girona, monumental city, one of the best-preserved Jewish quarters in Europe and scenario where one season of the famous show "Game of Thrones" was filmed.
We will visit the historical city of Girona, one of the most interesting in Catalonia, which allows you to explore more than 2000 years of History from two fortified enclosures: “Força Vella” (a kind of Acropolis) and the “Ensanche Medieval” (in English: Medieval Widening). The first corresponds to the Roman Foundation, and the second, the extension of the walls during the 14th and 15th centuries.
The many monuments that have reached our days retained remarkable artistic riches. The appeal of Girona is completed with the suggestive Jewish quarter, or Call, the beautiful streets and arcaded squares, the Cathedral, the exultant Baroque spaces, Rafael Masó’s Noucentists constructions and the famous pastel-colored houses on the banks of the river.
After, you will be given some free time in Girona to continue exploring the city.
Our Girona tour will finish at Carrer Balmes 5, downtown, where the second part of the tour departs.
23 March to 31 October: 14H45 – Please meet the group at Calle Balmes, 5.
01 November to 31 March: 14H15 – Please meet the group at Calle Balmes, 5.
A comfortable Bus will take you to the Mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). You will get to the Monastery by a rack railway. The rack railway takes 15 minutes to the top, while you can enjoy a privileged and beautiful view of the mountain. It is equipped with panoramic windows, which make the trip an interesting attraction. It is equipped with air conditioning and adapted wheelchair.
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by a natural cement of sand during the centuries.The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict Sanctuary of Montserrat was found in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The small Monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs of the pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given free time to visit an audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and taste typical liquors of Montserrat, handmade by the monks of the Monastery (both activities are included).
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual official guide.
- Guided walking tour to Girona.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors made by the monks of the monastery.
- Entrance to the audiovisual “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat” exhibition in Montserrat. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
- Cog – Wheel Train.
Price does not include
- Entrance to the Girona Cathedral
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Any other service not specified
- You can submit your voucher in electronic or paper format.
- Please be aware that some tours include Walking Tours, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking.
- Please be at the pickup location 15 minutes before the tour starts.
- Participants can expect 35 minutes free for lunch, between morning and afternoon part. Lunch not included.
- Children under the age of 6 are the sole responsibility of parents.
- Correct dress code may be requested for entrance into Churches.
- Please note that Montserrat has a typical mountain climate and, depending on the season of the year, you will need warm or rain clothing.
Carrer de Balmes nº 5
- Do not forget to wear comfortable clothes and bring your voucher and your camera!