Montserrat Morning Tour from Barcelona
Book online the Montserrat guided tour in the morning and let yourself be enchanted by the spirituality of Montserrat, the magic mountain of Catalonia!
The Monastery and the beautiful views will most certainly captivate you.
Montserrat mountain is special for its rocks that resemble human and animal shapes.
The Basilica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as La Moreneta (the Black Virgin), which is the patron saint of Catalonia.
L’Escolania, the children’s choir, takes part in the sanctuary prayers with sacred music.
Breathtaking views of this natural park and towns around are enjoyed from the mountain.
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable Bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter).
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica.
The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat. The Escolania of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys choirs in Europe (XIV Century). On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances. Their timeframe is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Multilingual Official guide.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors made by the monks of the monastery.
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site
Price does not include
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Other services not specified.
- You can submit your voucher in electronic or paper format.
- Please be aware that some tours includes Walking Tours, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking.
- Please be at the pick up location 15 minutes before the tour starts
- Children under 3 years old (included) are free but without meals and consumptions included.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- must be booked 48 hours in advance
Carrer de Balmes nº 5
- Do not forget to wear comfortable clothes and bring your voucher and your camera!