Crete: Chania - Kournas - Rethymnon
Explore the wonders of the west Crete. Children below 5 - free of charge, discounts for children below 12.
Walls, harbor, lighthouse, narrow streets and old buildings that remember the times of Venetian and Turkish occupation are mostly intact, which makes walking around these historic cities a retreat into the past.
Chania, the second largest city in Crete, is a magical place. Characteristic buildings were left by the Venetians, who built a city surrounded by walls in the place of ancient Minoan settlement Kydonia. In the center of Chania there is a huge market hall built in 1923, where visitors can feel the atmosphere of a typical Greek bazaar and also buy local products and souvenirs.
Rethymnon is another city that attracts tourists with the charm of the old harbor, the Turkish lighthouse of the 17th century, and the tangle of narrow streets where small cafes or flower pots are squeezed in every open space. Kournas is the only freshwater lake in Crete. Its area is about 580 thousand sq. m. and the maximum depth is about 45 meters. Lake waters are fed by mountain underground streams. As with most places in Crete, there is a legend associated with this lake, according to which God brought down the people of the village with a torrential rain which was supposed to be a punishment for their lives. The rains drifted over the country for days, and the only survivor was the daughter of the priest. They say that sometimes you can see her, sitting on the rock and combing her hair.
The program includes 3 stops:
- Lake Kournas - rest in the beautiful Cretan nature, time to relax, bath or walk around the lake. You can even rent bicycles if you want.
- Visiting Chania with a guide, then free time for dinner and discovering the recesses of this unusual city. Chania offers visitors countless atmospheric restaurants and cafes where you can sit back, relax and watch the unhurried life of the locals.
- Guided Rethymnon tour and leisure time to take a walk.
Possible meeting points: Malia, Stali, Hersonissos, Anissaras / Analipsi, Gouves, Amoudara.
Time of meeting depending on selected spot between 7:55 - 9:10.
- English guide
- Transfer to/from the hotel
- Time of meeting depending on selected spot between 7:55 - 9:10
- It is best to make a booking while you are still at home. All tours take place regularly
- You fill out a booking form and pay a deposit
- Receive a booking and payment confirmation
- 1-2 days before the trip, a resident of the local tour operator will contact you to arrange a meeting at the hotel for a surcharge in euros, discussing details of the tour, hotel transfer and meeting points