Best of Athens in One Day Tour
Are you visiting Athens only for a couple of days? Don’t worry, you can still go through 2.500 years of culture and history in only 7 hours! Join us for a scenic see-it-all tour around the vibrant Athenian city and let us take you on a journey throughout ancient and modern Athens. Discover the most distinctive landmarks of the city and explore the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum with a fun and knowledgeable guide, without waiting in queues!
What you get:
- A licensed historian, archaeologist & guide;
- Visit Athens’ most famous site, the Acropolis and the impressive Acropolis museum;
- Enjoy a city tour of Syntagma Square (see the changing of the gaurds!), the Roman Agora & the Temple of Zeus;
- See the beautiful National Gardens and the Athenian trilogy- the University, Academy and National Library of Athens;
- Discover the beautiful cycladic neighbourhood of picturesque Plaka and lively Monastiraki Square;
- Option to add an iPad to your tour of the Acropolis allowing you to see the site as it once was in antiquity, colorful and magnificent;
- Option to arrange a delicious, 4 course lunch at a family restaurant with excellent cuisine! Or if you’d prefer let us know what sort of eatery you would like and we’ll arrange it.
Our tour kicks off with – what else? – the sacred Acropolis hill and the very famous Acropolis Museum. With our expert tour guide by your side, you will learn everything about the monumental buildings of the Acropolis, including the godly Parthenon, the Temple of Nike, the Propylaea and the sacred Erechtheion. You will descend the Acropolis hill to reach the fascinating Acropolis Museum, where you will have the chance to admire exhibits and artifacts nearly 3.000 years old. Your ancient Athens wanderings won’t stop here, though. You will discover the Roman Agora and the pioneering technology of the Tower of Winds, as well as many other ancient buildings like the Library of Hadrian and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
Explore the emblematic buildings of Athens’ neoclassical architecture by walking through Plaka -the “island” in the heart of the city of Athens & the multicolored Monastiraki with its vivid flea market where you can shop the ideal keepsake from your trip to Greece. You will dip your toes into 18th and 19th century Athens, by strolling Syntagma Square, the most popular meeting point in the city. You will breathe in the scent of the hundreds of plant species in the National Garden until you turn your eyes towards the Panathenaic Stadium, where the 1st modern Olympic Games took place! By the time we say goodbye, you’ll have seen the best of Athens on a tour that encompasses the city’s most important elements: history, architecture, ancient & modern life.
About the Lunch
We suggest that a break for lunch is made after visiting the Acropolis & the Acropolis Museum. However, this is optional and depends totally on you.
- A 7-hour exploration of Athens with an excellent licensed tour guide
- Private guided tour to Acropolis, Acropolis Museum & Athens
Price does not include
- Anything else you would like to order or purchase
- Your lunch
- Tickets to the Acropolis (EUR 20/10 per adult)
- Tickets to the Acropolis Museum (EUR 5 per adult)
- Optional extras: transfers (where applicable), lunch, iPad (EUR 15 per iPad),
The meeting point is at the Entrance of Acropolis Metro Station.
- Kids under 11 y/o are free
- Duration: 7 hours (approx.)
- Type: Private