Venice: Gondola experience
Slide among centuries of history and picturesque views on a traditional Venetian gondola, an experience hardly to forget
Experience one of the main symbols of Venice, as emblematic of the famous water city as mysterious in its
The gondola is one of the main symbols of Venice, as emblematic of the famous water city as mysterious in its origins. Not many people know that at the beginning this unique vessel was different from the one we can admire today, changing across time together with the city it is associated to. Of course, the history of the gondola is deeply bounded to the one of Venice. Considered one of the most beautiful and elegant boats on Earth, it is built through unique techniques and each part of it has symbolic meanings. For example, its multi-pronged ferro, or prow, does have five or six “pettini”, symbolic of the six “sestieri” in which Venice is divided into. The function of this part made of iron is to balance gondolier’s weigh and it has an “S” shape evoking the flow of the Canal Grande. Not only elegance and beauty then, a whole world embodied into this boat nowadays symbol of Venice. Let yourself experience in first person the gondola through this tour. An enchanting and relaxing way to enjoy the colors, lights, sights, charm and beauty of Venice. You will admire elegant bank-side palaces, unique bridges and breathe the charming and magic atmosphere that only a town built on water can give you. Can you imagine a better experience to share with the people you love? Probably difficult to find. Just take your smile and beloved one with you, the timeless beauty of Venice seen from the gondola will do the rest.
- 30 minutes ride on the Gondola
- Boarding assistance
Price does not include
- Commentary or explanations of any sort
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Free sale tour until 3 hours before departure
- Reservation from 1 to 99 pax
- Cancellation fee until 24 hours before no charge, after 24 hours full amount
- No need reconfirmation from us
- Calle Larga Ascensione, Venice, Italy; in front of the Post Office behind Saint Mark’s Square. Please be sure to get there at least 15 minutes prior to tour starting time.
- This is a shared gondola (up to six people for each one) so the gondola might be with other people
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The Gondola Ride will take place also with rain, only in case of very heavy rain it might be cancelled and the tour will be refunded (if not taken another day/time).