Crete: Gramvousa and Laguna Balos - local trip
Tour in Polish, English and German
Discount for children from 6 to 12; children below 5 - free of charge.
How can you book a local excursion?
It is best to make a booking while you are still at home. All tours take place regularly.
- You fill out a booking form and pay a deposit.
- Receive a booking and payment confirmation .
- 1-2 days before the trip, a resident of the local tour operator will contact you to arrange a meeting at the hotel for a surcharge in euros, discussing details of the tour, hotel transfer and meeting points
Possible meeting points: Malia, Stalis, Hersonissos, Anissaras / Analipsi, Gouves, Amoudara.
Time of meeting depending on selected spot between 5:45 do 6:55 (coming back between 20:45-22:00).
Laguna Balos is definitely one of the most beautiful places in Crete. The water is crystal clear here, transparent near the shore, and the further you look the more the colors blur to create a beautiful turquoise-sapphire collage. The sand also has an unusual white-pink color. The lagoon is relatively shallow and the water is warm as in the tub. More energetic people can climb the nearby hill to have a perfect view of the entire paradise beach. Although it may seem impossible, Balos actually looks exactly as on the pictures. Laguna is often compared to the Caribbean and is listed as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Gramvousa is an island located near the lagoon. Legend has it that it was a hideout for pirates. At the top of the hill, at 140 meters are the ruins of a 16th century fortress built by the Venetians, who lived on the island. A narrow, rather steep path leads to the top, but it is worth to beat it, because from the walls of the fortress you'll have an unforgettable view. Here you can observe how the color of water passes from heavily saturated green to all possible shades of blue. Additional attraction: a rusty shipwreck on the beach, stuck in the ground at the beginning of the twentieth century.
A trip to Balos is a bus ride through almost the whole island and then a 40 minute boat ride, followed by two stops: Gramvousa Island, where you must visit the fortress and the Balos Lagoon, where all you need to do is rest, swim and marvel at this wonderful place. Because of the considerable distance that separates us from the destination points, the excursion starts early in the morning and ends late in the evening. However, the long journey will be rewarded with magnificent views.
- transfer to/from the hotel
- boat tickets
- guide in Polish, English and German
Price does not include
- 1€ tourist tax
- time of meeting depending on selected spot between. 5:45 do 6:55 (coming back between 20:45-22:00).
- online booking only. We recommend to book the trip while you're still at home.
- we advise to take a passport or ID, no matter the age.