Douro Wine Region Full Day Tour from Porto
Full day excursion with guided tour through the cities of Amarante, Régua and Lamego with wine tasting.
Following a morning pickup at your centrally-located hotel in Porto, hop in your vehicle and head into the hills of the UNESCO–listed Douro region — where terraced vineyards line the banks of the pretty Douro River.
Head onward to Amarante and take in top attractions such as the the San Gonçalo Monastery — named in honor of Gonçalo de Amarante, a 12th-century saint.
Continue on to Régua to visit a traditional farm for a wine-tasting and gain insight into the diverse grape varietals thriving in the fertile soils. In Régua you will also stop at the UNESCO-listed Douro museum.
You will have have one hour of free time for lunch and then travel to Lamego to taste a sparkling wine in "Caves Raposeira" (closed on Saturdays Sundays and holidays.)
After that, enjoy your return journey to your Porto hotel, where your tour will come to an end.
- Trip to Amarante;
- S. Gonçalo Monastery;
- Travel the Ruler;
- Fifth Region (visit with wine tasting);
- Trip to Lamego;
- Shrine Our Lady of Remedies;
- Sparkling Cellars (tour and tasting of sparkling wine) ** except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. **
- Pick up: 09:00H;
- Drop Off: 18:00H;
- Duration: 8H.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sparkling wine tasting - "Caves Raposeira" - Closed on Saturdays Sundays and holidays.
Price does not include
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees monuments
- Personal expenses