The Walking Tour Of Chania Old Town
Walk with us through the narrow streets as the locals know
- Discover the historical heritage of Chania city;
- Explore the hidden spots of the old town and the Venetian harbor;
- Enjoy the walk through the narrow streets and the flower-decorated neighborhoods;
- Learn about the history, culture and traditions of Crete;
- Live the experience with a licensed professional local guide;
- Visit the most unknown paths of Chania city.
- Schedule: All Year - Every Thursday;
- Starting time: 16:00 pm (In Spring & Autumn), 18:00pm (In summer);
- Tour type: Small group tour (Up to 18 people);
- Available languages: English;
- Location: Chania, Crete;
- Duration: Approximately 2-2.5 hours;
- Starting Point: GS Tours Chania Ltd offices – Address: Episkopou Chrysanthou 37 str. Chania, Crete, Greece.
If you have visited Chania just to admire the famous monuments and the well-known spots inside the Old Town and the Venetian Harbor, this tour is not for you. This is something that anyone can do and probably you have already done! In this tour, you will do something totally different! There are streets, buildings, high spots, neighborhoods, monuments that only the locals know. You will walk on the stone-paths where the Venetians, the Ottomans and the old Cretans used to live and work.
You will admire the incredible flower-decorated neighborhoods, learn about the Cretan history, mythology and traditions, meet the locals and eat like locals. Join us in a unique tour through the ages and explore the other side of the city. You will visit neighborhoods like Topanas, Splantzia, Kolombo and Kasteli, high spots to admire the panoramic view of the harbor, traditional Cretan shops and magnificent buildings.
You will also visit the ancient ruins of the great Minoan city, Kydonia and the high walls of the Byzantine-Venetian moats. The most important thing that you will learn from this experience is that in two hours you will tour and learn about five old civilizations, see their architecture, know about their culture and hear the ancient spirits history and tales!
*Remember to wear sensible shoes for the walk.
- Bottled water per person
- Licensed-professional local guide
- Analytic information of Crete’s history
Price does not include
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off (Participants’ transfer to the activity’s starting point)
- Meal (optional)