Trikke City Tour – A Journey Through the Centuries
Discover the hidden treasures of Chania old town using the most fun and smart way…
- Discover the 5 civilization greatness in one city;
- Explore the narrow streets of the old town;
- Enjoy a ride through the historical sights of the old town and the Venetian harbour;
- Admire the monuments, architecture and feel the unique beauty around you;
- Learn about the history of Crete;
- Take photos and share the experience;
- Enjoy the ride with your family or friends with the fun, eco and smart Trikke.
- Every Day;
- Duration: approx. 75 minutes;
- Starting point: Episkopou Chrysanthou 37 str. Chania, Crete, Greece;
- Group size: small groups, up to 5 people;
- Activity Level: Fairly Easy 2/8;
- Tour Guide: English.
Relish the beauty of Chania and all its ancient treasures with the electric Trikke vehicle. Check off the top sights of the old town with this private, 75 minutes tour. Hop aboard your easy-to-ride, three-wheeled Trikke, and zip between showstopper sights — from the famous jewel of Chania, the Lighthouse to the narrowest streets of the old town. Enjoy frequent stops to take photos, and benefit from the undivided attention and personalized commentary of your own private guide.
Meet your guide in the centre of the old town at your preferred chosen start time. Then, enjoy a safety briefing and training on your Trikke. Put on your helmet and practice on your three-wheeled, electric vehicle! It’s fun and easy to ride! Once you feel comfortable, follow your guide around, and enjoy several stops for photos as you learn about the sights. Feel free to ask as many questions as you wish the beauty of a local guide is that any commentary is tailored to your interests.
Enjoy riding through the flower-decorated neighbourhoods, and pass through ancient landscapes and monuments like the Minoan Kydonia ruins, Byzantine Walls and the Venetian buildings. Admire the Arsenals (Dry docks), the Yali Mosque and the Grand Arsenal. Finish off by feeling the heartbeat of the old town passing through the neighbourhoods of Topanas, Kasteli and Kolompo.
- An electric Trikke vehicle per person
- Escort who presents you the sights and monuments
- Protective helmets
- Bottled water
- Safety instructions and brief orientation at the beginning
- Photos sent to you for free electronically after the tour
- Third party liability insurance
Price does not include
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Participants’ transfer to the activity’s starting point
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under the age of 12 years old are not allowed to ride alone