Rota das Fajãs - Full Day Cruise Around Madeira
Enjoy the beauty of our coast on board our catamarans.
Possibility to observe Whales, Dolphins and turtles.
If you are looking for a relaxing boat trip with breathtaking landscapes and sea activities, then our program “Rota das Fajãs” is for you!
This coastal tour leaves from the Funchal Marina at 09:00 and travels all along the south-west coast up to Ponta do Pargo. During this cruise, we can observe coastal areas with deep valleys embedded between the highest peaks and cliffs and adorned with indigenous coastal flora.
The highlight is also the beautiful terraces/pits made of stone, which appear in some really vertiginous areas. Many of them are no longer plowed and are abandoned because of the danger they pose to farmers and also because of their difficult access. It is also possible to observe many virgin slopes untouched by man, thus leaving the volcanic phenomena to exalt its volcanic exuberance with several colors and forms. So that you can understand a bit more about the southwest coast and its secrets, our guide will give you some brief explanation and will be available for questions.
Before we return, we will make an elongated stop where you can observe the seabed while snorkeling. The lunch is then served on board as a buffet including meat and fish, after which we continue our homeward journey with at least one more stop to refresh in the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.
Duration: approx. 09:00 - 18:00
- boat trip
Price does not include
- personal expenses
- Check-in ends 30 minutes before the departure.
- When approaching Funchal Marina, look for private entrance to access office.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Funchal, Portugalia; Funchal Marina, Loja №9
- Don't forget: jacket or warm clothes, aqua-shoes/sandals/crocs, swimwear, towel and sunscreen