Azores: Full-Day Furnas Lake Tour
Explore Terra Nostra with it's hot water springs and thermal bath in the pools of Dona Beija
The Furnas, also known as Vale Formoso or Terra Nostra, due to its paradisaical landscape, Being the Ex-Librium of Tourism in the Azores, is a village that has much to offer us, namely its Lagoa, Terra Nostra Botanical Garden, Its fumaroles and boilers, with springs of hot and hot water, where they invite to a thermal bath in the pools of the Dona Beija Pool, not forgetting its famous stew, confectioned in the volcanic soil at high temperatures, being a good suggestion for your lunch.
As this is a circular route, we will start our tour along the South Coast and go to the North Coast of the Island. There we can explore the sea coast with traditional fishing ports, Franca do Campo, and we will take a guided visit to the Factory of Scallop Potter, as well as the Tea Plantation.
When we arrive at the Furnas Lagoon, we will also be able to see the whole of the surrounding area, as well as some fumaroles and boilers.
After lunch we will visit the village of Furnas with its boilers, fumaroles and springs of mineral water. f you want, you cant taste some delicious traditional liqueurs made by a local company.
Finally, we will arrive to the viewpoint of Sta Iria, a point of great historical interest. The beautiful landscape will provide us with a very pleasant view of the North Coast and one of the highest points of San Miguel Island.
- Start at 9 am
- Panoramic Views
- Vila Franca do Campo
- Furnas Lake and Village
- Traditional Lunch in the one of the best Restaurant in Furnas
- Thermal Bath (Optional)
- Tour Guide in Tea Factory
- Tea and Liquor Tasting
- other Surprises.
- hotel pick up from Ponta Delgada, Lagoa or Thermals Pools D. Beija
- driver / guide
- liquor and tea tasting
- Vieira Traditional Ceramic Factory
Price does not include
- entrance fee to the Park Terra Nostra or Thermals Pools D. Beija
- personal expenses
- Minimum of 2 people required for the trip to take place.
- 24h prior booking required.
- Upon booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Infant seats are available on request if requested upon bookong
- Bring slippers, bathing suit and towel if you wish to take a thermal bath.