Azores: Half-Day Seven Cities Lake Tour
Explore the interior of a volcano’s crater on a half-day excursion through the west side of São Miguel!
Start your visit to Seven Cities Lake from the traditional plantation of pineapples, biological culture developed in glasshouses, and get to know the whole process of this century-old cultivation and taste the pineapple liqueur.
We will continue next to the village of Sete Cidades, passing rural roads and stopping in places with panoramic views of the south and interior coast of the island and in some places, where it is possible, to see both coasts of the island.
Marvel at a dazzling backdrop of small hills and green pastures, and see the Coal Peak, from where the north and south coasts of the island can be seen. Discover some of the most beautiful lagoons, such as the Lagoon of Empadadas, Canário Lake and Santiago Lake.
In Vista da Rei, the most famous viewpoint of the island and one of the “7 natural wonders of Portugal”, we will see the magnificent Seven Cities Lakes. We will continue our visit through the quiet and peaceful village of the Seven Cities, dramatically located at the bottom of a volcanic crater. Acclimate to the serene way of life in this extraordinary place and visit the harmonious church.
- Daily from 9:00 am or 02:00 pm
- Pineapple Planting
- Panoramic Views of the Seven Cities Lagoon
- View of the King
- Seven Cities Village
- hotel pick up from Ponta Delgada, Lagoa
- driver / guide
- pineapple planting
- liquor tasting
Price does not include
- entrance fee to the Natural Park of Caldeira Velha
- personal expenses
- Minimum of 2 people required for the trip to take place.
- 24h prior booking required.
- Upon booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkment time and re-boarding time
- Infant seats are available on request if requested upon booking