Ephesus - local trip from Bodrum
Ephesus - second best preserved ancient city after Pompeii; the house of the Virgin Mary; free transfer from hotels in Bodrum, Turgutreis, Torba, Yalikavak.
Trips on wednesdays and saturdays.
Discount up to 50% for children from 7 to 12; children below 6 - free of charge.
How does the booking process look like?
It is best to book the trip in advance. All tours are held regularly.
- Fill in the booking form, provide the name of your hotel and the duration of your stay.
- Pay only the booking fee via Paypal or pay all amount in cash on the spot.
- Receive booking and payment confirmations.
- 1 day before the trip, a representative of the local tour operator will contact you in order to arrange the meeting point.
- You will be picked up by the representative from the meeting point. You should pay him or her the remaining amount in euros
- Pick-up from your hotel at 6 AM
- A breakfast stop in a motel, where you can buy meal (in case you didn't take lunchbox from your hotel)
- Trip in Ephesus. A visit to forum romanum, ancient parliament, agora, sanctuary, hospital, roman bath, ancient roman public toilets.
- Additional trip (for volunteers) to the House of Virgin Mary. Those who do not wish to visit the Shrine will have free time in Selcuk.
- Return to Bodrum at 8 PM
Tourist attractions in Ephesus (trivia)
- Ephesus is one of the most important places of pilgrimage for Catholics recognized by the Vatican. House of Virgin Mary is situated here, where, according to tradition, Mary spent the last years of her life.
- St. Paul probably visited and taught here three times during his missionary journeys in 55-58.
- St. John, who, according to tradition, lived the last three years of life here and wrote his Gospel.
- St. John settled in Ephesus with Jesus's mother Mary. The departure was most likely caused due to the growing persecutions of Christians in Jerusalem. Above the ruins of Ephesus, there is a small chapel built on the foundations of the house,where Mary lived, according to legends. Lazarists, who have cultivated Christian traditions among the local population for many years, have been taking care of the House of Virgin Mary in Ephesus.
- The Temple of Artemis, one of the 7 wonders of the world, was in Ephesus, and it has not survived to our times.
- entance ticket to Ephesus
- air-conditioned bus
- English speaking guide
Price does not include
- ticket to the House of Virgin Mary - 13€
- Those, who wants to but tickets for children, should take children's ID.
- Visiting the House of Virgin Mary is optional. Those who wish to visit the House, should tell the guide in the bus and pay.
- Don't forget: lunchbox from hotel, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, sun cream, hat, money, camera.
- After accommodating in the hotel, please send an SMS with your room number & name and surname of the customer who ordered the excursion to the number given on the booking confirmation.
- Information on collection hours is sent to tourists around 3-4pm on the day before the tour.
- Hotel pickup
Odbiór z hotelu