Pamukkale - local trip from Alanya and Side
Limestone terraces of Pamukkale, the ancient city of Hierapolis and Necropolis. 50% discount for children from 7 to 12; children below 6 - free of charge.
Transfer from hotel.
The most popular excursion from Alanya, Side and surrounding areas.
- Pick up from Alanya hotels around 3am
- Transfer by coach from Alanya to Pamukkale
- Breakfast stop
- Sightseeing in Hierapolis
- Lunch (depending on package)
- Return to Alanya at 8:30 PM
Pamukkale, meaning "cotton castle" in Turkish, is a natural site in Denizli Province in southwestern Turkey. The city contains hot springs and travertines, terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. It is located in Turkey's Inner Aegean region, in the River Menderes valley, which has a temperate climate for most of the year.
The ancient Greco-Roman city of Hierapolis was built on top of the white "castle" which is in total about 2,700 metres (8,860 ft) long, 600 m (1,970 ft) wide and 160 m (525 ft) high. It can be seen from the hills on the opposite side of the valley in the town of Denizli, 20 km away.Inner Aegean region, in the River Menderes valley, which has a temperate climate for most of the year.
Known as Pamukkale (Cotton Castle) or ancient Hierapolis (Holy City), this village has been drawing the weary to its thermal springs for more than 23 centuries. The Turkish name refers to the surface of the shimmering, snow-white limestone, shaped over millennia by calcium-rich springs. Dripping slowly down the vast mountainside, mineral-rich waters foam and collect in terraces, spilling over cascades of stalactites into milky pools below. Legend has it that the formations are solidified cotton (the area’s principal crop) that giants left out to dry.
- Depending on the selected package:
- STANDARD PACKAGE: transfer to and from the hotel
- SMALL PACKAGE (+18 euros): Tickets to Pamukkale, Hierapolis and Necropolis, breakfast +1 drink and dinner (buffet with kebabs), Polish guide, insurance
- BIG PACKAGE (+28 euros): SMALL PACKAGE + swimming in Cleopatra's Pool (without queue)
- After accommodating in the hotel, please send an SMS with your room number & name and surname of the customer who ordered the excursion to the number given on the booking confirmation.
- Information on collection hours is sent to tourists around 3-4pm on the day before the tour.
- Hotel pickup
Odbiór z hotelu
- We take: swimming suit, towel, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, hat, sun creams, money, camera. You can also take a lunch package, which you can order in the hotel reception day before the trip
- In April, May, September and November it can be cold in the mountains, so consider taking a long sleeve shirt.
- Important: Children with discount tickets must have their passports. The age of the child is calculated based on the birth year, not the day.