Pamukkale - local trip from Belek
Visiting the limestone terraces of Pamukkale. Attractive discounts for children.
- transfer, pick-up from your hotel in Belek at 5 AM
- trip from Belek to Pamukkale by bus
- trip over Taurus mountains
- breakfast stop
- visiting Hierapolis
- visiting Pamukkale, swimming break
- lunch (depending on chosen package)
- return to Belek at 7 PM
Pamukkale, meaning "cotton castle" in Turkish, is a natural site in Denizli Province in southwestern Turkey. The city contains hot springs and travertines, terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. It is located in Turkey's Inner Aegean region, in the River Menderes valley, which has a temperate climate for most of the year.
The ancient Greco-Roman city of Hierapolis was built on top of the white "castle" which is in total about 2,700 metres (8,860 ft) long, 600 m (1,970 ft) wide and 160 m (525 ft) high. It can be seen from the hills on the opposite side of the valley in the town of Denizli, 20 km away.Inner Aegean region, in the River Menderes valley, which has a temperate climate for most of the year.
Known as Pamukkale (Cotton Castle) or ancient Hierapolis (Holy City), this village has been drawing the weary to its thermal springs for more than 23 centuries. The Turkish name refers to the surface of the shimmering, snow-white limestone, shaped over millennia by calcium-rich springs. Dripping slowly down the vast mountainside, mineral-rich waters foam and collect in terraces, spilling over cascades of stalactites into milky pools below. Legend has it that the formations are solidified cotton (the area’s principal crop) that giants left out to dry.
- Depending on the chosen package:
- Standard package: transfer to/from the hotel
- Small package (+16 euros): entrance tickets to Pamukkale, Hieraopolis and Necropolis, breakfast +1 drink and dinner (buffee with kebabs), Polish guide, insurance
- Large package: (+25 euros): Small package + ticket to Cleopatra's pool (without queue)
Price does not include
- soft drinks, beverage
- personal expenses
- If you have bought a discounted ticket for your child, you must have his ID or passport in order to confirm his age. The age is calculated based on the birth year, not day.
- After accommodating in the hotel, please send an SMS with your room number & name and surname of the customer who ordered the excursion to the number given on the booking confirmation.
- Information on collection hours is sent to tourists around 3-4 pm on the day before the tour.
- Hotel pickup
- In your free time, you can catch a train that will take you to the farther parts of necropolis (1 euro)
- Don't forget: children's ID or passports, comfortable shoes, swimming suit, towel, sunglasses, sun cream, hat, money.
- Take a coat with you - it can be a little cold in the mountains.
- Upon arrival to Pamukkale and Hierapolis take the most necessary things with you. During the trip we will be far from the bus