Explore the island, admire the Xigia Beach and visit the Anafonitria Monastery
Hotel pick up. Professional English speaking tour guide
- The tour starts by picking you up from your hotel’s reception and then following the coast road to the north.
- We drive through the villages of Zakynthos until our first stop to a view point overlooking the village of Alikes and the cove of Laganas.
- We continue to the north until we stop at the Xigia Beach. Xigia beach is a pebbly beach that is unique on the island due to its waters having high sulphur and collagen content, giving the beach a distinctive sulphuric aroma. This is a great place for anyone with aches, pains and arthritis to bathe as the sulphur in the water helps ailments. It is also good for skin problems and helps remove cellulite.
- We drive to the northwest and go to the view point of the world famous Shipwreck, where the amazing view will take your breath.
- Next stop is the Anafonitria Monastery. The patron Saint of Zakynthos Island used to be the Abbot of the monastery during the 16th century.
- Later we stop at a local market and try a variety of local products, whereas there is the ability for our guests to do some shopping.
- Our trip continues with a visit at the village of Kampi. This is an amazing view point with many local taverns and the ability for lunch (optional).
- On the way back to your hotel, there is a final stop at a local winery to taste some local wines and learn about the local varieties.
- Small groups: max. 18 people
- Duration: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Every Sunday
- Hotel pick up from Tsilivi and Zante town
The third largest of the Greek Ionian Islands (406 sq. km), the beautiful island of Zakynthos is rich in beauty and tradition, both historical and cultural. The island has many hidden treasures and a relatively unspoilt coastline that can offer a relaxing, rural alternative to typical island getaways.
Zakynthos is growing rapidly in popularity thanks to its crystal clear warm waters, magnificent sandy beaches, hospitable people and its amazing sightseeing with the beach of Shipwreck (Navagio) being the most famous of them.
- Hotel pick up from Tsilivi and Zante town (other localisation on request)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Bottle of water inside the bus
Price does not include
- Baby is up to 2 years old.
- Kid is from 2 to 12 years old.