• Hike across unspoilt countryside in rural Santiago del Teide and enjoy panoramic mountain and ocean views
• Visit the picturesque village of Masca set in a stunning mountain location
• Travel comfortably in our private van in the company of an attentive guide
• Have all arrangements taken care of by us, including transportation, picnic lunch and snacks
The mountain village of Masca, located in the southwest of Tenerife, is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tenerife. Explore this picturesque village - often called the prettiest village in Tenerife - along with the old town of Santiago de Teide and experience the spectacular hiking trails lined with lush vineyards and fig and almond trees.
Your tour begins at your hotel where one of our fantastic adventure guides will pick you up in our comfortable van. Ride to Santiago del Teide, which in itself is certainly one of the most beautiful places in Tenerife.
The starting point for the hike is the charming Casona Del Patio hotel where you’ll begin your walk towards Masca. Along the way your guide will share insight into the area’s history, culture, climate and terrain. After a moderate ascent, stop at the Cruz de Gala viewpoint for panoramic views over the valley of San Cristobal de La Laguna with volcano Teide’s peak in the distance.
Continue along the mountain ridge towards Cumbre de Masca and enjoy stunning views all the way down to the south coast. When the weather is good you will be able to spot the neighbouring islands of La Gomera and La Palma, and on a very clear day even the smallest of the Canary Islands, El Hierro. You will discover diverse vegetation from pine and eucalyptus trees to ancient laurisilva forests and Canarian palm trees.
Finally, arrive in Masca where we have a tasteful lunch in local restaurant enjoying amazing view over the Masca valley. The menu includes some traditional specialities and water and wine and it won't leave you hungry. In the end you will have some free time to explore the town. The hike will take about 3-4 hours to complete, walking at a relaxed pace.
- Professional guides
- Transportation in an air-conditioned van
- Snacks & beverages
- Rain jackets, walking sticks (if needed)
- Three-course lunch with wine
- Photos of the day
- The minimum recommended age is 10 years
- Hotel pickup
- The tour is suitable for families with children
- Bring: Proper hiking or sports footwear, sunscreen and sunglasses