Visiting Marzamemi, Noto & Syracuse from Valletta by ferry
CULTURE HISTORY AND GASTRONOMIC TOUR
One day fully guided excursion!
Arrival at POZZALLO - a typical Sicilian village. Met by fully air-conditioned coaches, accompanied by guides.
Departure to MARZAMEMI. We visit the multi coloured fisherman’s village and the Campisi establishment, famous for its’ Sicilian delicacies. Campisi is a leadingmanufacturer of fish products: fish eggs, raw tuna (bottarga), red tuna, traditional Sicilian sauces, the popular Pachino tomatoes home grown in this area of Sicily.
Transfer to a wine cellar which produces wines from local grapes, particularly the Nero D’Avola and the famous dessert wine Moscato di Noto.
Departure for NOTO - A walk along the main street, Corso Vittorio Emanuele, from the Porta Reale to Teatro Communale takes you to most of the city’s prime sites, notably: Palazzo Ducezio (The Municipale), The Duomo, recently rebuilt after it collapsed in 1996 resulting in a national and international outcry, the church of San Carlo and up Via Nicolaci, Palazzo Villadurata with its extravagant balconies. A UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city was completely destroyed in the 1693 earthquake and rebuilt to become The Capital City of Sicilian Baroque.
Departure for a typical Sicilian lunch (set menu), included in the price (20 types of antipasto, pasta with sauce, local meat, fruit, water, wine, coffee or liquor).
Departure for SYRACUSE. SYRACUSE – has come to epitomize Greek culture in Sicily, Magna Grecia. The Duomo, in the old city Ortigia, is a converted Greek temple, one of the oldest places of worship worldwide and equally as unique.
Departure for Pozzallo with a running commentary by the guide.
- Speed catamaran transfer between Malta and Italy
- Typical Sicilian Lunch including wine, water and coffee. Children’s menu consists of pasta, cutlet and fries, fruit & water.
- Full-day guide
- Air-conditioned coach in Italy
Price does not include
- Local transport in Malta (Hotel/Harbour/Hotel) only €11.00 extra. (VAT included)
- The Company reserves the right to introduce a fuel surcharge from time to time without prior notice.
- The itinerary of this excursion may be altered subject to weather conditions.
- Grand Harbour, Malta
- Hotel pickup
- Family plan: When two adults are travelling together, the first two children (4 years till under 14 years) travel FREE except for the charges, fuel surcharge (when applicable) and local transport (if required).