Crete: Gramvoussa and Balos - tour from Malia
Discover an extraordinary geological phenomenon. Sail to the "Pirates" Island" of Gramvoussa. Swim in the lagoon at Balos.
Following pick-up along the Malia to Agia Pelagia main road, travel by air-conditioned coach to the west of Crete. Stop at the small village of Skaleta, near Rethimnon. Enjoy a cup of coffee or breakfast and then continue to Kissamos to board a boat and start your cruise.
Admire a vast cave that was most likely an ancient shipyard. See sea turtles and dolphins playing in the water. Marvel at the geological phenomenon of the simultaneous lifting and sinking of 2 sides of the island: the western side rises 6 to 9 meters above sea level.
Disembark on the island of Gramvousa, with its Venetian castle. Also known as "Pirates' Island," Gramvousa used to be a hiding place for rebels. The broader area of Gramvousa forms one of the most significant hydro-biotopes of the eastern Mediterranean. Here, you can encounter over 100 bird and 400 plant species.
Enjoy plenty of free time to swim at a gorgeous beach. Admire the wonderful colors and take a few photos of the famous shipwreck. Alternatively, feast from an (optional) lunch on board. Continue your cruise to the lagoon of Balos and discover one of the loveliest sites in Greece. Get a breathtaking view of the lagoon, before the return journey to the meeting point.
Every Monday. Wednesday, Saturday
- Ride in a modern, fully air-conditioned coach
- Pick up and drop off from the main road, partly from the exit of hotels from Agia Pellagia, Heraklion, Kokkini Chani, Gournes, Gouves, Annissaras, Analipsi, Hersonissos, Stalis, and Malia (Please mention the Hotel or accommodation of your stay)
- English, Russian Speaking Tour Guide
Price does not include
- Boat ticket: €16 adult, €8 child from 5-11 (to be paid directly to the tour guide in the bus)
- Admission to Gramvoussa 1€
- After the booking, the local tour operator will contact you via email and send you a detailed description of your pick-up point and time