Super Luxor - trip from Marsa Alam
Luxor - the largest outdoor museum in the world.
We invite you on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
How does the booking process look like?
It is best to book the trip in advance. All tours are held regularly.
- Fill in the booking form, provide the name of your hotel and the duration of your stay.
- Pay only the booking fee via Paypal or pay all amount in cash on the spot.
- Receive booking and payment confirmations.
- 1 or 2 days before the trip, a representative of the local tour operator will contact you in order to arrange the meeting point.
- You will be picked up by the representative from the meeting point. You should pay him or her the remaining amount in dollars.
You take the air-conditioned bus from the hotel at around 4 AM and head towards Luxor to start the tour from Karnak Temple.
Next step is the Valley of the Kings and the Hatshesput Temple.
Then you'll go to the other side of Nile to see the Colossi of Memnon - statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III (height of 15,60 m, pedestal 17,90 m). The weight of each colossus is about 800 tons. They were set around 1370 BC in the West Thebes. This is the only preserved part of the pharaoh's burial temple, probably destroyed by the earthquake during the reign of Merenptah. Further damage was caused by the outflows of the Nile. Statues are carved out of rock blocks of quartzite and present Pharaoh on the throne. In front of the throne, on the sides of the pharaoh, two small figures of women are carved. These are the wife of Pharaoh Teja and his mother Mutemuja. The side walls of the throne show us two deities of Nile.
Next we will visit the alabaster factory, where you'll see how different things are made of that stone.
Lunch time included in the price.
Price is for at least 2 people.
- entrance tickets
Price does not include
- soft drinks