Whale and Dolphin Safari with a small Yacht
• Set off on an intimate boat cruise and experience sea life up close off the south coast of Tenerife
• Pilot whales and bottlenose dolphins live in the waters all year round so seeing them on the trip is more than likely
• Cruise on a small boat for the best views at sea, guided by an experienced crew that knows the best locations for spotting dolphins and whales
• Sunbathe on the deck and relax, then go for a refreshing swim in a secluded cove
• Enjoy a delicious light lunch on-board - soft drinks, beer and wine included
Your adventure starts in the morning as your tour guide arrives to pick you up from your hotel. Step in our comfortable van and head towards Puerto Colón in Las Americas where your boat is waiting.
Arrive in the harbour and have coffee in the lovely little cafe nearby if there is enough time.
Then, get on-board and meet the captain and his crew and get a short tour of the facilities on the boat. There’s no need to worry about being seasick on our tours! Your guide will give you a seasickness tablet well before getting onboard if you think you might need it.
The boat will head out to areas that are known to be inhabited by hundreds of resident pilot whales. Unlike many other tour boats, we don’t play music on ours. You will be able to listen to the sounds of the sea or chat with your fellow travellers, your guides and the boat’s crew.
Whales are very sociable and move around in groups called pods. The captain is very experienced at navigating around the pod without disturbing the animals. Since whales are very curious they will often swim around and under the boat, so we can often get a very good look at them. Small group size also means unobstructed views for taking photos. With a bit of luck we may see sightings of other types of whales, such as Bryde’s whales and humpbacks, on their migratory routes passing through the Canary Islands.
After whale sightings you will continue towards the best dolphin watching hotspots. You can sunbathe on the deck and sip on soft drinks, beer and wine. So sit back, relax and enjoy yourself. The boat will anchor at a quiet and peaceful cove, where you can go for a refreshing swim. Snorkelling equipment is provided, although you are welcome to bring your own, of course. Enjoy a light lunch of delicious, fresh baguettes before heading back to shore.
- Professional guides
- Transportation in an air-conditioned van
- Light lunch on the boat (vegetarian option available)
- Soft drinks, beer, wine on the boat
- Photos of the day
Price does not include
- For those that suffer from seasickness, it is recommended to take a seasickness pill before embarking on the trip
- Sailboat can swing a bit depending on the weather conditions, so staying put is advised
- Please wear accommodating clothing – weather can change quickly in the sea and get windy
- Bring a swimsuit and a towel with you
- Sunglasses and sunblock recommended