Anaga Hike & Dine
Walk in the footsteps of the indigenous Guanches into the heart of the magical Anaga forest and visit the charming historical hamlet of Chinamada.
A long time before the Spanish arrived in Tenerife, the Anaga Mountains were populated by the island’s indigenous inhabitants known as Guanches. The deep mountain caves provided shelter from the elements, while livestock grazed on the green grass that was abundant in the fertile valleys. The Guanches moved their cattle around, creating numerous paths that today form a network of amazing hiking trails in the area.
Starting in Cruz del Carmen, we head down on a path that takes us deep into the dense woodland. Walking amongst the twisting ancient trees while breathing the cool and misty air almost gives you a sensation of having gone back millions of years in time, to a kind of enchanted forest that you thought only existed in fairy tales or movies.
Emerging from the forest we continue our journey across green fields and winding mountain paths in the unspoiled countryside. The panoramic views of the mountains in the distance and the green valleys below are nothing short of spectacular. Finally, we arrive at our final destination, the village of Chinamada, where the inhabitants still live in cave houses carved into the mountains.
Here we are rewarded with a delicious lunch at Guachinche La Cueva, a local restaurant set inside a cave. The delicious menu consists of shared plates of typical Canarian dishes, such as ropa vieja, papas arrugadas & mojos, bread, goat cheese with fig marmalade and goat meat. For vegetarians there is an option to enjoy traditional bean soup. Refreshments (beer/wine/soft drinks) and coffee will also be available.
- Snacks & Beverages
- Three course lunch in a local restaurant
- We pick our adventurers up from their hotels, take them to Cruz del Carmen and continue on foot towards the village of Chinamada
- The minimum age to participate is 8 years old.
- A 3-course lunch is offered at a Guachinche La Cueva after the hike. We also provide snacks and water during a break on the hike.
- The hike is suitable for all participants in good general health.
- The hike takes about 2 hours, walking at a moderate, enjoyable pace.
- Hotel pickup