• Explore the historical Anaga Rural Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
• See lush plants and wildlife at the magical forest where time appears to have stood still for millions of years
• Take in the panoramic views of Anaga mountains and Tenerife’s coastline as you trek across the ancient mountain paths
• Visit the village of Chinamada and see the traditional cave houses where locals still live today
• Enjoy a three-course lunch with soft drinks, beer and wine included at a charming family restaurant set inside a mountain cave
Discover the extraordinary nature of Anaga on this guided group tour. Step in our comfortable van for a journey towards Anaga Rural Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve on the northeastern corner of Tenerife, home to some of the most beautiful hiking trails on the island. Along the way you will pass by the historic town of La Laguna, the oldest city on the island and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the views along the twisting mountain roads as you ride towards the ancient rainforest.
Arrive at the starting point and head straight into the dense woodland. Formed more than 7 million years ago, the forest hosts a wide variety of flora and fauna – including almost 2000 species of reptiles, insects, birds and fish. Walking amongst the twisting ancient trees while breathing the cool and misty air almost gives you a sensation of having gone back millions of years in time, to a kind of enchanted forest that you thought only existed in fairy tales or movies.
Emerging from the forest, continue across green fields and winding mountain paths in the unspoiled countryside. The panoramic views of the mountains in the distance and the green valleys below are nothing short of spectacular. After about 2 hours you will arrive at the village of Chinamada, where the inhabitants still live in cave houses carved into the mountains.
Head to the charming family-run restaurant Guachinche La Cueva, which is set inside a mountain cave. The delicious menu consists of shared plates of typical Canarian dishes, such as “ropa vieja”, “papas arrugadas con mojo”, bread, goat cheese with fig marmalade and goat meat. Vegetarian options include traditional vegetable soup and salads. Soft drinks, beer and wine are also available and included in the price.
After your time in Chinamada, step back into our van for a scenic ride back to your hotel.
- Professional guides
- Transportation in an air-conditioned van
- Snacks & beverages during the hike
- Rain jackets, walking sticks (if needed)
- Three-course lunch
- Wine, soft drinks and coffee
- Photos of the day
- The minimum age to participate is 8 years old
- The hike is suitable for all participants in good general health
- Hotel pickup
- The hike takes about 2 hours, walking at a moderate, enjoyable pace
- We recommend proper hiking or sports footwear
- Also bring sunglasses and sunscreen with you
- The weather can change quickly so a windproof jacket is good to have with you