Hike & Wine - South
Hike in rural Santiago del Teide
Explore the unspoiled landscape in rural Santiago del Teide and taste local wines on this guided tour.
Santiago del Teide
The circular route travels through the village of Valle de Arriba, passing many vineyards and fields with fig and almond trees along the way. A moderate ascent from the village is rewarded with fantastic views of Mount Teide along with several smaller volcanic mountains in the horizon. We continue towards El Calvario de los Baldios, a shrine which marks the place where lava from the island’s last volcanic eruption stopped in 1909. The scenery is at its absolute best from late January to early March when the almond trees are in full bloom, adding spectacular splashes of color to the surrounding scenery.
Arriving back to Santiago del Teide, we carry on to the nearby Bodega where we get to sample locally produced wine together with gofio (a type of traditional Canarian dish), followed by lunch.
- Snacks & Beverages
- Three course lunch in a local bodega
- Wine Tasting
- We pick our adventurers up from their hotels, take them to Santiago del Teide and continue on foot in Teno's mountain area
- The minimum age to participate is 8 years old.
- A 3-course lunch is offered at a local Bodega after the hike. We also provide snacks and water during a break on the hike.
- The hike is suitable for all participants in good general health.
- The hike takes about 2 hours, walking at a moderate, enjoyable pace.
- Hotel pickup
- We recommend proper hiking or sports footwear and comfortable outdoor clothing; also don’t forget to bring sunscreen and sunglasses. Since weather conditions on the island can change rapidly, we also recommend a rain-proof jacket and a hat.