A visit to the Bird Park and the Aquarium
As soon as you arrive at the Bird Park, the tour guide will offer a guided tour around the grounds with interesting information about each species.
Bird Park Malta homes over 200 species of birds and other animals. Flamingos, pelicans, swans, storks, owls, cranes, parrots and many other amazing birds from around the world thrive happily with kangaroos, wallabies, antilope, meerkats, deer, genets, marmosets and more. Visitors have the opportunity to learn about bird habitat, flight, plumage cycles, displays, song and calls, territory and pair formation, nests and eggs, migration and much more, whilst having the chance to observe and interact with wildlife.
You will then visit the Malta National Aquarium which is located in one of Malta's most picturesque promenades. The public aquarium has 26 display tanks with, amongst others, Mediterranean fish, including fish commonly found in the Maltese waters together with replicas of historical artefacts that one can find in the seas around the Maltese islands. The main tank of the aquarium houses species from the Indian Ocean, including eight black tip sharks, horn sharks, rays, eels and other exotic species. The main tank is approximately 12 metres in diameter and has a walk-through tunnel that allows visitors to experience the fish at a much closer range. A stunning view of St. Paul's Islands can be seen from the Aquarium.
This tour is organised every Saturday.
- Half Day Tour with english-speaking guide
- Bird Park Entrance Ticket
- Aquarium Entrance Ticket
- Cirkewwa; departure at: 11:00
- Mellieha; departure at: 11:10
- St. Julian’s, Malta - Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel; departure at: 11:20; In St. Julian's the main pick up point is Golden Tulip Vivaldi.
- St Paul's Bay, Malta; departure at: 11:30
- Attard ; departure at: 10:50
- Valletta, Malta; departure at: 11:00
- Sliema, Malta; departure at: 11:10
- Xemxija, Saint Paul's Bay, Malta; departure at: 11:20
- Golden Bay, Malta; departure at: 11:20
- Bugibba, Saint Paul's Bay, Malta; departure at: 11:30
- Qawra, Saint Paul's Bay, Malta; departure at: 11:30
Pick-up time is approximate and depends on your exact hotel location. Please note, that delays up to 15 min due to the traffic may occur. If your hotel is not accessible by bus you will be provided with the closest to your hotel meeting point.