Auschwitz & Salt Mine 1 Day Tour (English)
Not enough time for visiting all Krakow’s must-see places? Now, it is possible to visit both – Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Salt Mine in Wieliczka in one day with no compromise on Your trip itinerary!
Your day will start early, but this way you will manage to visit Auschwitz, Birkenau, explore the Mine without standing in the line and get back to Krakow by dinner time.
During the trip, you will watch a documentary movie about history of concentration camps in Poland.
Firstly, you will be taken to Auschwitz I, where you will join an English tour – provided by the Museum’s guide – for about 2 hours. After that, we will transfer you to Auschwitz II – Birkenau, which is about 2 km away. You will spend there about 1,5 hours with the same guide. In a second part of the day, we will transfer you to the Salt Mine in Wieliczka, which happens to be one of the oldest working Salt Mines in the World – it has been producing table salt for over 700 years! You will be attending an English-guided tour at 16:00 or 17:00 (depending on road conditions). Your guide will take you up to 140 meters underground for a 2,5-hours journey through over 2,5-kilometers long tourist route full of chambers with amazing carvings and statues, where everything is made of salt. You will be also served our delicious packed lunch set, based on the best Polish products.
Please note that to reach the first level of the mine (64 metres underground), you have to descent a wooden stairway which has 378 stairs. After the tour, you will be taken up to the surface with a lift. You should be back to your hotel not later than at 19:30.
It is a door to door service so you will be picked up in the morning — around 8 a.m. — from your hotel and you will start your day with Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour from Krakow. Our English-speaking driver will take care of you all day long. On your way, you will watch a documentary movie about Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
Once you will get to Auschwitz Camp I you will join an Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum
Tour with an English-speaking guide provided by Museum. After 2 hours we will drive you to the second part of the Camp — Birkenau, which is about 2 km away. Again, English speaking tour guide will walk you there, explaining the story of Auschwitz Birkenau Concentration Camp. After 1,5 hours, you will meet our driver and we will take you directly to Wieliczka Salt Mine. With us you don’t have to stand in the line to buy the tickets. What is also important booking the tour in advance, will secure the spot to enter the museum as there is a limited amount of places on any given day.
On the way (around 2 p.m.), we will serve you our delicious packed lunch set, freshly prepared every day, including: chicken & pasta salad, cheese sandwich, chocolate wafer and a bottle of water. We also offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options so if you need one, please remember to add a remark in your booking form.
The Salt Mine Tour will start around 3.30 p.m. — English-speaking tour guide will take you for the Salt Mine Tour for about 2 – 2.5 hours. A Museum’s guide will take you up to 140 meters underground for a 2,5-hours journey through over 2,5-kilometers long tourist route full of chambers with amazing carvings and statues, where everything is made of salt. Please note that to reach the first level of the mine (64 meters underground), you have to descend a wooden stairway which has 378 stairs. After the tour, you will be taken up to the surface with a lift. You should be back to your hotel not later than at 7-8 p.m.
- Door-to-door transportation (Free hotel Pickup)
- Documentary movie
- English-speaking guide in Auschwitz and Birkenau
- English-speaking guide in the Salt Mine
- All admission fees and tickets
- No lines to buy the tickets
- Lunch set
- Pickup hours: 7:30 - 9:00
- Duration: 10-11 hours
- Remember that we will pick you up and drive you back to your hotel or apartment — don’t forget to add name of your hotel in your booking form. E.g. we can pick you up for Auschwitz, Salt Mine or Auschwitz and Salt Mine One Day Tour from one of the following hotels: Alexander, Amadeus, Amber, Andels, Ascot, Batory, Bonerowski, Columbus, Copernicus, Chopin, Classic, Eden, Ester, Europejski, Floryan, Galaxy, Grodek, Hilton, Home, Holiday Inn, Jan, Kazimierz I, Kazimierz II, Kossak, Logos, Matejko, Metropolitan, Monopol, Novotel, Ostoya, Park Inn, Petrus, Pod Roza, Pod Orlem, Pod Wawelem, Pollera, Qubus, Queen, Radisson, Regent, Rezydent,Rubinstein, Senacki, Sheraton, Stary, Unicus, Wentzl, Wielopole, Wyspianski and many other hotels or apartments.
- Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks allowed to carry on the Museum grounds is 30 x 20 x 10 cm. You can always leave your belongings inside the bus which will be parked nearby.
- Please note that this tour is not available on: 25th of December, 1st of January, Liberation Anniversary, Easter Saturday afternoon, Easter Sunday and March of the Living Day.
- Please note that for Balice airport/hotels near the airport pickup the additional fee is 60 PLN per booking.
- Please note that all times are approximate and depends on traffic.
- Hotel pickup