An exciting trip to Petra, visiting the Treasury and the Hill of Al-Habis Fort
How does the booking process look like?
It is best to book the trip in advance. All tours are held regularly.
- Fill in the booking form, provide the name of your hotel and the duration of your stay.
- Pay only the booking fee via Paypal or pay all amount in cash on the spot.
- Receive booking and payment confirmations.
- 1 or 2 days before the trip, a representative of the local tour operator will contact you in order to arrange the meeting point.
- You will be picked up by the representative from the meeting point. You should pay him or her the remaining amount in dollars.
- We pick you up from your hotel at 2:30 AM
- Transfer to port in Nuweiba City, where we'll take a boat to Aqaba
- Transfer from Aqaba to Petra (we will arrive in Petra at 9 AM)
- Planned sightseeing in Petra (till 6 PM)
- Transfer to Aqaba port at 8 PM
- Transfer to Nuweiba port at 9.30 PM
- Arrival at Sharm el Sheikh at 11.30 PM
We will start the tour on foot through Siq, a narrow canyon over 1 kilometre in length. The beautiful sandstone formations of Petra were once occupied by the Edomites.
As you come to the end of this beautiful canyon, you'll have a chance to see one of the most spectacular sites in Petra - El-Hazne, the Treasury. It was carved out of a sandstone mountain probably in the first century BC, and scholars still debate as to its actual function.
After visiting Treasury, we will go to the Roman theatre, which dates back to the Byzantine era, and the Royal tombs. Little is known about the ancient culture of the Nabateans, except that they were excellent engineers with amazing skills. They designed and built water conservation and irrigation systems and carved their homes, temples and tombs right out of the rocks.
We will have lunch at the Movenpick Hotel in the city centre. After lunch, we will continue our tour to the Hill of Al-Habis Fort, dating back to the times of the great Crusades, for a breathtaking panoramic view of deep gullies and unique-coloured rock formations.
Then we will drive back to Aqaba, where you will have one hour for shopping. We will return to Sharm El Sheikh around midnight, and you will be transferred back to your hotel.
- boat tickets
- air-conditioned bus
- entrance tickets in Petra
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
Price does not include
- drinks at the restaurant
- any extras not mentioned in the programme
- Pickup from hotel