Wines of Catalunya: Penedes
World Class Wines and Cavas – Dynamic tastings and local cuisine in exclusive, boutique wineries.
Just south of Barcelona lie the green valleys and steep rolling hills of the world renown El Penedès wine region, an amazing and conveniently close destination perfect for a small group day tour. This privileged Catalan wine region has always been known in the world of viticulture as a front-runner in Spain boasting an incredible variety of high-quality, innovative ecological (organic) cavas, reds and white wines.
All-inclusive, plentiful and varied tastings of the best of El Penedès
These Spanish Trails® all-inclusive tours provide you with a truly unique and personalized opportunity to enjoy authentic local flavors via food and wine tasting in private, boutique cellars of the Penedès. These wine tours are all day, easy-paced, wine and food infused small group day tours for a maximum of eight guests (open tours) but can accommodate more for private larger groups. Your Spanish Trails guide for the day will keep the day entertaining and very informative combining his/her local knowledge with their love for the local culture and cuisine. These experiences are designed and tailored for connoisseurs and general wine enthusiasts who would like to learn about wine and cava, including elaboration methods of the past and present. Wines of Catalonia tours visit charming, small, boutique wineries where the local, resident wine makers host us personally and exclusively. A traditional meal of Catalan fare is served to you at one of the venues whilst you enjoy extensive and varied pours of whites, rosés and reserve reds and cavas. Tastings year-round. Salut!
- Very knowledgeable and entertaining, English-speaking guide
- Transportation in a modern, air conditioned touring van
- Two winery visits
- Wine tastings
- Traditional lunch inside a winery
Price does not include
- Guide’s gratuity
- Plaça de Catalunya, 17, 08002 Barcelona, Spain; In front of "Banco de España" (Bank of Spain), located right in the corner where Plaza Catalunya and Portal de l'Angel meet
- Recommended Clothing:
- Comfortable clothing suited for potential temperature fluctuations
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Umbrella or raincoat (if necessary)