WINES OF CATALUNYA: DOQ PRIORAT
Private, all access visit and tasting in three of Priorat’s exclusive cellars paired with a genuine culinary experience.
The Priorat ‘viñedos’ are considered to be some of the oldest and wisest of the Spanish vines. Thanks to the limited rain, high filtration and mineral-rich soil, wines from the Priorat are renowned for their distinct, consistent character. These full-bodied wines that are derived from the black slate-laden soil have found their way to the top ratings of the world’s leading wine industry journals. The scenery you’ll enjoy while winding through the steep hills and river canyons is unparalleled and makes it easy to appreciate what these old and young generation vintners have crafted.
An impressive wide and balanced variety of full-bodied wines not to be missed
If you love wine, you need to do this trip. If you really like wine and would like to learn more, you need to do this trip. Spanish Trails Priorat Wine tours are all-day small group tours or private tours from Barcelona to experience the higher end of Spanish/Catalan wines and local dishes. The day consists of exclusive, visits and tastings at privately hosted venues for a wide and balanced variety of the wines that make the Priorat region such a world renowned success. Depending on the day, lunch is a carefully paired tasting menu that is either hosted at one of the wineries or at a local, traditional restaurant showcasing local wines. Priorat wine tours provide an excellent opportunity to add some amazing wines to your personal wine collection that would be otherwise very difficult and/or expensive to acquire from outside the Priorat or Spain.
Group Size: 3-8 guests
- Very knowledgeable and entertaining, English-speaking guide
- Transportation in a modern, air conditioned touring van
- Three winery visits
- Wine tastings
- Full Catalan countryside meal with wine pairing
Price does not include
- Guide’s gratuity
- Plaça de Catalunya, 17, 08002 Barcelona, Spain; In front of "Banco de España" (Bank of Spain), located right in the corner where Plaza Catalunya and Portal de l'Angel.
- Recommended Clothing:
- Comfortable clothing suited for potential temperature fluctuations
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Umbrella or raincoat (if necessary)