Half-Day Private Santorini Sightseeing Tour
Private 6-hour Santorini sightseeing tour, with air-conditioned minibus transport.
View Santorini Caldera, Oia, Imerovigli, Firostefani, Mt Prophet Ilias, Pyrgos, Megalochori, Akrotiri, Red Beach, Black Beach and Venetsanos Winery.
- Departure Point: Your Santorini Hotel, Port, Airport
- Departure Time: Flexible
- Return Details: Back to the point you started the tour
- Tour Guides: English, French, Russian, Spanish, German
- Duration: approx. 6 hours
- Pickup point: Pick up from your Santorini hotel, the airport, ferry or cruise port, or a location in Santorini where you would like to start Hotel pick-up: Your guide will meet you at the hotel entrance Cruise passenger pick-up: The meeting point for the tour is at the cable car's exit in Fira town. Your guide will wait for you there, holding a sign with your name. Please include the name and arrival time of your ship, and full name and mobile phone number when booking of the tour in order for your pick-up to be arranged.
- Select a morning or afternoon departure, with flexible itinerary and in-depth information given by a private local guide.
- Price per group up to 4 people: 520 €
- Explore the ancient ruins at Akrotiri and admire the unique scarlet-colored bay of Red Beach and Black Beach
- Enjoy free time in Oia to stroll and shop, capped by wonderful views of the sunset if you opt for an afternoon tour
- Visit the top Santorini attractions such as the Mt Prophet Ilias, Pyrgos, Megalochori and Imerovigli
- See the Blue Dome Church in Firostefani
- Taste Santorini wine on an outdoor terrace with stunning caldera and Aegean views
The begging of the trip takes place at a breathtaking spot in the famous Santorini Caldera.
You will continue through the beautiful Santorini countryside to the village of Oia, located in the northern part of the caldera rim. Oia is the most often photographed place in whole Santorini. Many artists have found their inspiration in Oia’s beauty, traditional architecture, and breathtaking sunset.
Enjoy the stunning views of the caldera, where many dwellings are built into niches of the volcanic rock. See impressive panorama overlooking the Aegean Sea, Volcano, and Caldera.
Explore the village of Imerovigli was built high above the caldera cliff with an incredible view. In front of the village is placed a huge rock called Skaros, this used to be the best place to look out for pirates.
On the way, we’ll make a short stop in Firostefani to see the famous Blue Dome Church, the subject of numerous Santorini’s postcards.
Then, you will make your way to the peak of Prophet Ilias, the highest mountain that stands some 2,000 feet (600 meters) above the sea. Contemplate the island view around you (360 degrees), and then follow your guide inside the ornate Greek Christian monastery perched at the mountain’s summit.
From here you will proceed to the pleasant village of Pyrgos that used to be the old capital. There you can take a guided walk along narrow paths to the ruins of the Venetian castle.
You will learn the myths and legends of Santorini, discovering the Akrotiri Excavations, a prehistoric Bronze Age city, frozen in time by ash that fell during the Minoan volcanic eruption 3600 years ago. Some people believe that this is the origin of the mythical city of Atlantis.
Next, you will head over to admire the Red and Black beaches. Enjoy a few minutes at the famous Red Beach. Located only some steps away from the ancient site of Akrotiri, it is covered with red volcanic sand and offers an amazing view. The Black Beach of Perivolos is the largest beach on Santorini and is covered with a black volcanic pebble. Enjoy an optional lunch at a seaside restaurant.
The next stop is at a traditional Winery Venetsanos, where the secrets of winemaking will be explained to you and you will have a chance to enjoy the tastes of the famous local wines.
The tour ends at your Hotel or at the cable car terminal, in Fira for Cruise Ship guests.
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from chosen meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Price does not include
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time