Barcelona Old Quarter Walking Tour
History, Culture, Art, Architecture!
Spanish Trails’ Barcelona Old Quarter walking tours are an entertaining, intimate and fun way to discover the city in the company of a small group of fellow travelers. One of our personable, charismatic and highly-knowledgeable guides leads you on a journey back in time, visiting the main highlights of Barcelona’s Ciutat Vella (Old city) via the hidden corners, winding streets and charming squares of the Barri Gótic, El Raval, El Born and the Port Vell (Old Port) districts.
Active, entertaining, low-cost option to really get the local flavor of Barcelona.
Lose yourself in the history, legends, local tradition and culture of Barcelona as you explore and experience, first-hand, the Roman, Medieval and Modernist eras that made Barcelona into one of the most powerful maritime empires in the Mediterranean, and what is undeniably one of the most innovative, culturally-dynamic cities in the world today. This tour is designed and recommended for ‘history buffs’ and cultural enthusiasts, alike, and due to the small group size (no more than 8 people), you can expect plenty of engaging, one-on-one interaction with your guide.
Highlights and hidden gems of the Barcelona Old-Quarter walking tours include:
• Plaça Catalunya
• Las Ramblas
• La Boquería market
• Santa Creu Hospital
• Rambla del Raval
• Sant Pau del Camp (9th century Romanesque Monastery)
• Plaça Reial
• Plaça del Pi (Santa Maria del Pi church)
• Jewish quarter (El Call)
• Casa l’Ardiaca (Archdeacon’s house)
• Barcelona Cathedral (Catedral de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulàlia)
• Plaça Sant Jaume
• Plaça del Rei
• Roman / Medieval Wall
• Santa Maria del Mar church
• Passeig del Born / Mercat del Born
• Port Vell (Roman / Medieval port)
- Very knowledgeable and entertaining, English-speaking guide
- Metro (subway) entrances
- Bottle of water
Price does not include
- Guide’s gratuity
- Good to wear comfortable shoes
- Good to have an umbrella or raincoat (if necessary)