Tour to Wadi El Natroun Monastery from Cairo
Drive to Wadi El-Natrun, the birthplace for Christian monasticism.
Visit the 4 surviving monasteries of the 50 that once existed here.
Begin your trip with the oldest and most isolated monastery, Deir al-Baramus, and learn of the Desert Fathers of Christian monasticism.
Drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries, only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries, and in many ways the most isolated, then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoiwhose body is still in the monastery. End your trip visiting Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries.
- Pick up services from hotel & return;
- Bottled water during your trip;
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle;
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place;
- Private All Languages speaking guide;
- Lunch meal at local restaurant;
- All taxes & service charge.
Price does not include
- Any extras not mentioned in the program;
- Duration: About 8 Hours;
- Run: Everyday;
- Pick-up Time: 07:00 A.M.
- Hotel pickup
Pickup from your hotel in cairo or giza